Use an Answering Service to Schedule Appointments
August 29, 2016
Some businesses and professionals live or die by the number of appointments they have each day. For them an appointment is a billable moment. A full schedule results in a full day of billing. A schedule with holes means fewer billable hours and less revenue. Downtime equals disappointment.
The Goal is Maximum Productivity: The objective of service workers and professional people is to work steadily throughout the day. They may have tried maximizing their schedule themselves, calling for appointments between appointments or playing phone tag to respond to messages left in voicemail, but these solutions don’t really solve the problem and often cause more problems of their own.
Hire an Assistant: Instead of doing it themselves they bring on a helper to work on their behalf to keep them booked solid and revenue flowing. But what if the assistant isn’t working when clients call? Then the callers leave a message – maybe. Phone tag follows. And the appointment is delayed – if it happens at all.
Many Won’t Leave a Message: But too often callers desire instant results and won’t leave a message. They will call the next name on their list, and go with the first person who answers the phone and sets an appointment.
Online Programs Fail: As an alternative many have tried web-based scheduling solutions that allow people to schedule an appointment online whenever they want, 24/7. This works for some people in some situations, but it’s not for everyone. What happens if customers can’t figure out how to use the program? What if they use it wrong, perhaps double-booking, overbooking, or under-booking? What if they have a question and give up in frustration? The results are missed opportunities that cannot be reclaimed.
The Personal Solution is Best: To address all these concerns, simply have your telephone answering service schedule your appointments for you. Here are the benefits:
- Available 24/7: Your answering service is staffed around the clock to set appointments whenever your customers or clients want to call.
- Integrated Solution: Your answering service can access your online schedule to set your appointments. And if you don’t have a web-based solution, they can provide one for you. Regardless it’s a single solution for you and for them.
- Answer Questions: Your answering service can handle inquiries from the self-serve crowd. Don’t lose an appointment due to an unanswered question or a hard-to-use online solution. Let your answering service capture those missed opportunities.
- Take Cancelations: Wait, you don’t want cancellations. But they do happen. And when they do, the sooner you’re aware of them, the sooner these openings can be filled. Your answering service can take the cancelation fast and then work to fill it.
- Verify Appointments: Some people set appointments too far in advance and then forget about them. An appropriately timed phone call, email, or text to remind them of an upcoming meeting will reduce no-shows and minimize unforeseen openings. Your answering service can do this for you.
- When it comes to setting appointments, your answering service is your one sure solution to keep your schedule full without you needing to deal with all the usual headaches.
Janet Livingston is the president of Call Center Sales Pro, a premier sales and marketing service provider and consultancy for the call center and telephone answering service industry. Contact Janet at email@example.com or 800-901-7706 to arrange a private consultation about buying or selling an answering service.
Peter Lyle DeHaan is a freelance writer from Southwest Michigan.
7 Steps to Deal with an Underperforming Answering Service Sales Rep
If an answering service has sales reps they either produce consistent sales month after month or they underperform. Too often sales reps underperform....
A Professional Billing Service Provides Added Value to Answering Services
With the right software, anyone can generate telephone answering service invoices—and get them mostly correct. Yet it takes a company with unique in...
Use an Answering Service to Back-up Your Staff
In today’s fast paced business environment we all have more to do and less time to do it. Too often something needs to give. We skip some aspects of...
Use an Answering Service to Handle Your Office Hours Calls
Most everyone knows that answering services are great at answering the phone in the evenings and weekends, but they can also answer your phone during ...
Use an Answering Service to Increase Staff Efficiency
Most people think of telephone answering services as doing things for you when you can’t do them or things you don’t want to do. This is true. How...
Don’t Let Agent Attendance Problems Drag Down Your Call Center
Attendance Issues Are Not Inevitable and They Can Be Dealt With Agent attendance problems are something too many call centers struggle with. Unlike ma...
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! As we transition into a new year at Call Center Sales Pro, we want to wish you a successful and prosperous one. May this year be your ...
Merry Christmas! From our workplace family at Call Center Sales Pro, we want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. May you have a joyous holi...