Use an Answering Service to Schedule Appointments
August 29, 2016
Some businesses and professionals live or die by the number of appointments they have each day. For them an appointment is a billable moment. A full schedule results in a full day of billing. A schedule with holes means fewer billable hours and less revenue. Downtime equals disappointment.
The Goal is Maximum Productivity: The objective of service workers and professional people is to work steadily throughout the day. They may have tried maximizing their schedule themselves, calling for appointments between appointments or playing phone tag to respond to messages left in voicemail, but these solutions don’t really solve the problem and often cause more problems of their own.
Hire an Assistant: Instead of doing it themselves they bring on a helper to work on their behalf to keep them booked solid and revenue flowing. But what if the assistant isn’t working when clients call? Then the callers leave a message – maybe. Phone tag follows. And the appointment is delayed – if it happens at all.
Many Won’t Leave a Message: But too often callers desire instant results and won’t leave a message. They will call the next name on their list, and go with the first person who answers the phone and sets an appointment.
Online Programs Fail: As an alternative many have tried web-based scheduling solutions that allow people to schedule an appointment online whenever they want, 24/7. This works for some people in some situations, but it’s not for everyone. What happens if customers can’t figure out how to use the program? What if they use it wrong, perhaps double-booking, overbooking, or under-booking? What if they have a question and give up in frustration? The results are missed opportunities that cannot be reclaimed.
The Personal Solution is Best: To address all these concerns, simply have your telephone answering service schedule your appointments for you. Here are the benefits:
- Available 24/7: Your answering service is staffed around the clock to set appointments whenever your customers or clients want to call.
- Integrated Solution: Your answering service can access your online schedule to set your appointments. And if you don’t have a web-based solution, they can provide one for you. Regardless it’s a single solution for you and for them.
- Answer Questions: Your answering service can handle inquiries from the self-serve crowd. Don’t lose an appointment due to an unanswered question or a hard-to-use online solution. Let your answering service capture those missed opportunities.
- Take Cancelations: Wait, you don’t want cancellations. But they do happen. And when they do, the sooner you’re aware of them, the sooner these openings can be filled. Your answering service can take the cancelation fast and then work to fill it.
- Verify Appointments: Some people set appointments too far in advance and then forget about them. An appropriately timed phone call, email, or text to remind them of an upcoming meeting will reduce no-shows and minimize unforeseen openings. Your answering service can do this for you.
- When it comes to setting appointments, your answering service is your one sure solution to keep your schedule full without you needing to deal with all the usual headaches.
Janet Livingston is the president of Call Center Sales Pro, a premier sales and marketing service provider and consultancy for the call center and telephone answering service industry. Contact Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-901-7706 to arrange a private consultation about buying or selling an answering service.
Peter Lyle DeHaan is a freelance writer from Southwest Michigan.
Should You Use Direct Mail as a Marketing Tool For Your Answering Service?
If you’ve networked with other telephone answering service owners or attended many TAS meetings,, the subject of direct mail as a marketing tool is ...
Email Opt-Out Traps to Avoid
A great way to market your call center or answering service is with email marketing: you collect email addresses and send regular messages that contai...
Six Steps to Outsource Your Healthcare Call Center
Regardless of the reasons for outsourcing your healthcare call center work, pursuing a reasoned path is the surest way to a successful outcome. Here a...
7 Tips to Maximize the Sale Price of Your Answering Service
At the end of the year, some telephone answering service owners think about selling their business. They want to complete the sale by year-end. Often ...
How to Maximize the Valuation of Your Answering Service
Smart business owners are always looking for ways to increase the value of their business. You should, too. Whether or not you plan to sell your telep...
Outsource Your Healthcare Call Center Work to Reduce Costs
While a common reason to outsource healthcare call center services is to increase quality, an even more likely motivation is to save money. And saving...
Outsource Your Healthcare Call Center Work to Counter Labor Issues
Many areas in healthcare suffer from a shortage of qualified personnel. One common area is nurses, and many healthcare call centers hire nurses to wor...
What to Do When You Struggle with Sales and Marketing
Every telephone answering service and outsourcing call center owner wants to grow his or her business. There are only two ways to do so: growth throug...